- Denise Layman of the blog Knitting Without Needles shows how to make a knitting loom from household items
- Learn how to adapt a traditional knitting pattern for use on a loom in this straight forward and easy to follow eHow tutorial written by Jessica Freytag.
- Fellow loom knitter Bethany A. Dailey, the blogger behind Gettin’ It Pegged, has written the book Loom Knitting for Little People .
- This tutorial/pattern at PurlBee.com explains how to make granny squares (my latest crochet obsession).
- Lucy at Attic24 always shares amazing, colorful projects. I immediately fell in love with her ripple afghan and I think this will be my next project.
- Learn the vintage pineapple stitch. I know … I’d never heard of it either but the sample looks interesting …
- I found this tutorial on Pinterest about finger knitting and think this technique would for making a unique scarf or maybe make a rug or blanket by stitching together several strips of knitting.
- Are you a picker or a thrower? Interweave’s Knitting Daily blog had a really great post explaining the differences between the two knitting styles along with a tutorial teaching picking to throwers and vice versa. This isn’t a new post but the information is especially relevant to newer knitters.
- Search for “speed knitting” on YouTube and you’ll be returned a lot of results. KnitPicks.com’s video “Learn to Speed Knit!” is full of great tips for increasing your speed and efficiency.